David L. Herman joined G3PM in 2022 after 20 years of wide-ranging practice including criminal defense, municipal law, personal injury, business litigation, and consumer law at private firms and government agencies throughout California.
David’s litigation experience includes personal injury, wrongful death, civil rights, open government, labor and employment law, securities fraud, legal malpractice, trade secrets, breach of contract, elder abuse, lemon law, and auto fraud. He also has substantial transactional experience in real estate and land use, has advised various public boards and commissions, has taught seminars on the California Public Records Act and Ralph M. Brown Act, and published a guide on public assessment and fees that has been used by public agencies throughout California.
David received his bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of California, San Diego and his law degree from the University of California, Davis, where he was co-editor-in-chief of Environs, the UC Davis environmental law journal, and earned the Witkin Award for the highest score in Evidence.
When not in the office or the courtroom, David is often traveling with his wife Cindy, hiking and climbing mountains throughout Southern California, and experimenting with new recipes in his kitchen.
- California 2001
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern, Central, Eastern, and Northern Districts of California
- University of California, Davis
- J.D., 2001
- University of California, San Diego
- B.A., Political Science, 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Richard A. Ciummo & Associates
- County of Madera, Office of County Counsel
- City of San Diego, Office of the City Attorney
- San Diego Injury Law Center
- Law Office of Philip H. Dyson
- Rosner, Barry & Babbitt LLP
- Fitzgerald Knaier LLP